According to some readings and comments that I have received, I have made some changes in my introduction:
In my essay I will talk about politics and art and my question is: How has influenced the National Endowment for the Arts in the way people value public art?
Reading the book, I found so interesting how government is worried abuot the culture of Americans. This question will me help to understand that arts and government have a closed relationship. Government can play a role in how art is valued, but at the same time art can be used to control government. In order to answer this question I will read "The business of Art" and "Critical Issues in Public Art". I think that these different references will have a different approach to my question because issues that are related to government are so widely discussed and frequently have different opinions. Sculptures will be relevant to my question because they are the kind of artworks that we regularly find in public space. Their big saizes allow them to attract the public. The medium that I will use to learn about and make my artwork is sculpture.
No comments:
Post a Comment