In my project I talked about politics and Arts. I specifically talked about the National Endowment for the Arts, an organization created by the U.S. Congress in 1965 to stimulate the culture of the country. In this project I learned that the U.S. government has played an important role in how people value public art. I also learned that art can be used as propaganda, especially when it is funded by the private sector.
I also learned about other interesting topics, such as value of arts, art appreciation, sculpture and beauty in arts. I think that this project helped me to increase my knowledge and look at artworks differently.
What I most liked was the artwork that compared the life in Africa and here. I think that he was showing the history of his life. It is difficult having two different worlds and make this big transition from one to the other.
It was interesting to share my experiences with my classmates and all participate as a group.
Charlie, it was a good project and you made the best of it. I would have liked to see the questions and answers of Ms. Stephenson as part of your essay. Your art project was informative although visually not very compelling.
ReplyDeleteIf you have any questions let me know. Hagit